VLAN monitoring

Manuel Perdomo

Oct 10, 2023, 11:53:33 AM10/10/23
to sFlow-RT
Hello,

in the browse-flows application I can see there is a "vlan" key, but how can I split the vlan traffic into sent and received vlan traffic?

Thanks

Peter Phaal

Oct 10, 2023, 12:05:38 PM10/10/23
to sFlow-RT
It depends what you mean by sent and received. Some options to try:
1. by switch port: direction
2. by vlan (for routed traffic): vlansource,vlandestination
3. by mac address: macsource,macdestination
4. by ip address: ipsource,ipdestination

See https://sflow-rt.com/define_flow.php for a full set of options. The options available to you in browse-flows will depend on the traffic in your network and the additional metadata reported by your switches/routers when they export sFlow.