[Turning linear deformation into large deformation using Mooney-Rivlin equation]

ygke...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2017, 12:34:42 PM3/3/17
to sfepy-devel
Hello,

I am currently trying to adapt the script linear_elastic.py to use it with large deformation, involving Mooney-Rivlin equations. I tried to get some inspiration from the balloon.py and hyperelastic.py scripts, but though I modified the sections : equations, solvers, parameters to try to fit Mooney-Rivling equations' recquirements, it does not work.

My question is therefore : Has anybody an idea to turn properly the script linear_elasticity.py into a model using large deformation ?  Thank you for your help.

Robert Cimrman

Mar 3, 2017, 3:40:25 PM3/3/17
to sfepy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 03/03/2017 03:18 PM, ygke...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently trying to adapt the script *linear_elastic.py* to use it
> with large deformation, involving Mooney-Rivlin equations. I tried to get
> some inspiration from the *balloon.py* and *hyperelastic.py* scripts, but
> though I modified the sections : equations, solvers, parameters to try to
> fit Mooney-Rivling equations' recquirements, it does not work.

The hyperelastic.py is already an example with the Mooney-Rivlin material
model. Why don't you start from that?

Can you specify what "does not work" means? An example script would be handy.

r.