some fixes for sfepy in windows

Robert Cimrman

Aug 23, 2011, 8:41:01 AM8/23/11
to sfepy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have fixed test_install.py and mayavi imports for windows, so now I have all
tests ok, and only one failure of test_install.py (due to missing pysparse) on
windows 7!

I followed the guide [1] - it worked without problems, I have just one question:

- step 4. requires msysGit-fullinstall-*, but IMHO Git-* (of msysgit) would be
easier, as it is better integrated with windows environment and contains
gitbash (desktop shortcut possible...), which is a really nice shell behaving
just like in linux. One then does not need to start "msys" by typing the full
path etc.

cheers,
r.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/sfepy/wiki/Simple_Windows_Installation

Md. Golam Rashed

Aug 24, 2011, 2:12:40 PM8/24/11
to sfepy...@googlegroups.com
when sfepy-2011.3 came out, i tried it and there was no error running it on win 7, only 3 warnings. so which errors are you talking about?

Robert Cimrman

Aug 24, 2011, 3:52:38 PM8/24/11
to sfepy...@googlegroups.com
Yes, all tests run by runTests.py pass, but there is also test_install.py script that checks some more functionality. I was talking about that.

r.

Md. Golam Rashed

Aug 24, 2011, 4:09:42 PM8/24/11
to sfepy...@googlegroups.com