run_test.py failures

Gary Roach

Mar 22, 2017, 2:11:53 AM3/22/17
to sfepy-devel
OS Debian Linux (Stretch)
Setup: Anaconda3

While testing the sfepy installation ( ./run_tests.py --debug tests/test_projections.py) the following two files errored out with "ImportError: No module named <test_projections >". as an example.
The two files were:

 test_projections.py and
 test_input_navier_stokes2d_iga.py

Not sure what is causing this. All of the other files passed.

Gary R

Robert Cimrman

Mar 22, 2017, 2:16:37 AM3/22/17
to sfepy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,

were you running the command from the sfepy sources directory? Or do you use
sfepy instaled by conda? The command you entered is meant for the first case.

In the second case, the test files are in something like
anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/sfepy/tests/, depending on your anaconda
and python versions.

r.

Gary Roach

Mar 22, 2017, 2:34:41 PM3/22/17
to sfepy-devel
Thank you for your reply Robert,

I am using an anaconda3 setup. The directories are anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/sfepy. Under sfepy are two subdirectories /script and /tests. All if the individual tests are - obviously- in the tests directory. But the run_tests.py is in the script directory. I ran the run_test.py script from the script directory. All of the tests ran fine except for those two.

I think my original installation of sfepy was with pip.
Does this help?

Gary R.

Robert Cimrman

Mar 22, 2017, 3:55:29 PM3/22/17
to sfepy...@googlegroups.com
On 22.3.2017 19:34, Gary Roach wrote:
> Thank you for your reply Robert,
>
> I am using an anaconda3 setup. The directories are
> anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/sfepy. Under sfepy are two
> subdirectories /script and /tests. All if the individual tests are -
> obviously- in the tests directory. But the run_tests.py is in the script
> directory. I ran the run_test.py script from the script directory. All of
> the tests ran fine except for those two.

Well, the two tests depend on igakit and fail when it is not installed - is
that your case? Then the error should be

ImportError: No module named igakit.cad

If that is so, you can safely ignore the error (or try installing igakit).

> I think my original installation of sfepy was with pip.
> Does this help?

It is probably not important. So you run

./run_tests.py --debug tests/test_projections.py

from anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/sfepy/script? Then you should use
the correct path to the test:

./run_tests.py --debug ../tests/test_projections.py

Could you try that?

r.

Gary Roach

Mar 22, 2017, 8:56:25 PM3/22/17
to sfepy-devel
Hi Robert

Running debug gave ImportError: No module named 'igakit' . I guess that solves that question. I tried both conda, pip and the regular Debian apt-get. None of them can find igakit. you seem to imply that having the module not installed is no big deal but I hate to have errors floating around it the system (perfectionist). Any suggestions as to how to obtain the module?

Thanks again
Gary R.

Gary Roach

Mar 22, 2017, 9:12:47 PM3/22/17
to sfepy-devel
Hi Robert,

An update. I found a copy on Bitbucket with pip installation instructions. I ran same. A errors are now cleared. Does this problem require any tweeking of the sfepy installation?

Really appreciated your help. Have nice day

Gary R.

Robert Cimrman

Mar 23, 2017, 6:34:05 AM3/23/17
to sfepy...@googlegroups.com
On 03/23/2017 02:12 AM, Gary Roach wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> An update. I found a copy on Bitbucket with pip installation instructions.
> I ran same. A errors are now cleared. Does this problem require any
> tweeking of the sfepy installation?

IMO not.

> Really appreciated your help. Have nice day

Hth, thanks for your feedback - we will either add igakit to the conda package
dependencies, or mention its installation in the docs.

r.