Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

md.rome

no leída,
23 sept 2006, 8:29:2223/9/06
a Society of Financial Engineering and Actuarial Science (SFEAS)
I dont know the origin of this group, but probably it is US.
I have never seen a country which has Econometrics B.A. programs in its
universities.
But in Turkey there are econometrics programs.
I have a B.A. degree in Econometrics, I wonder if I can be an actuary
or not.
Is it possible?
Please someone answer this and show me the way..

actuaryalfred

no leída,
25 sept 2006, 20:10:2225/9/06
a Society of Financial Engineering and Actuarial Science (SFEAS)
Where are you going to work?

If in US, what you need to do is to pass exams given by Society of
Actuaries (www.soa.org). And you could find an entry-level job in US
once you have passed a couple of exams.

md.rome

no leída,
26 sept 2006, 6:33:4126/9/06
a Society of Financial Engineering and Actuarial Science (SFEAS)
i know those exams in US
and also there are actuarial profession exams in turkey given by The
Treasury.
but the important thing is if econometrics ba is sufficient for
actuarial profession?
if not, then where to study actuarial science?

actuaryalfred

no leída,
26 sept 2006, 12:39:4426/9/06
a Society of Financial Engineering and Actuarial Science (SFEAS)
I think a degree is necessary for finding the first job. But the major
doesn't matter very much. Econometrics is quantitative enough even if
it's not a common major. As long as you have good communication skills
and you can pass exams, after getting your first job, your road won't
be different from others'.

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar