FWD: FEMA: Share Your Ideas to Help Strengthen the Nation’s Preparedness

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Edward Goehring

未讀,
2011年12月22日 下午6:37:552011/12/22
收件者:SF Bay Area Public Safety Communications Working Group、Dimond Public Safety Council、Carlos Barrera、Simmons, Geoff (MD)、A Safer Eugene & Lane County、Darryl Stewart、Jean Quan、Kathryn Booth、Michael Brasfield、Nestor Flores、Randi Lee、Renee Sykes、sffd...@sfgov.org、Wildland-Urban Interface Issues、Dan Grassetti

December 22, 2011

Share Your Ideas to Help Strengthen the Nation’s Preparedness

Posted by: Public Affairs

Earlier this year, President Obama released a policy directive aimed at strengthening the security and resilience of the United States: Presidential Policy Directive 8 (PPD-8): National Preparedness.

With your help, FEMA and its partners have created a National Preparedness Goal, which sets the vision for building a more resilient and secure nation, and a National Preparedness System, which identifies the programs, processes and tools for achieving that vision. Now, we are focusing on the next set of activities.

This is where you come in: Today, we’re launching an ongoing dialogue and are asking for input as we develop the next documents to meet the milestones required by the policy directive. We need your suggestions and comments across a variety of topics. This can include your general views on preparedness, such as a successful approach that your community or organization has used to assess preparedness; examples of how you, your business, or community as a whole collaborates with local law enforcement officials and federal authorities to help identify potential threats or prevent incidents; and stories of how local government and private sector stakeholders interact in your community to support emergency response needs during disasters. These are just a few of the many topics we will be discussing.

Visit fema.ideascale.com and click on the link for ‘Presidential Policy Directive 8’ to provide your ideas. You also may view, comment and vote on other people’s ideas.

We appreciate your help as we continue our efforts to make the nation more resilient and secure.

http://blog.fema.gov/2011/12/share-your-ideas-to-help-strengthen.html
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄