How Do We Drive Change? By Electing and Supporting Pro Housing Leaders.

SF YIMBY

Aug 30, 2021, 4:09:09 PM8/30/21
to sfbaren...@googlegroups.com
YIMBY Action Logo
Image

Housing Element Update

Wednesday September 1 6:30 PM

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwvduCqpzstHNPbpV2A5GLUuSCIq8CYrpD0

We have a once in a decade opportunity to rezone San Francisco. Statewide legislation, fought for by YIMBYs, has forced the city to update its housing plan to permit over 80,000 homes in eight years, which entails doubling SF’s rate of housing production.

Our job now is to ensure the city creates a realistic blueprint to hit these state-mandated housing targets by upzoning the westside and cutting red tape. Join us in meeting city planners to help them plan SF’s next decade of housing.

Come Meet and Support SF YIMBY Endorsed Supervisor Myrna Melgar

Time: Sunday, September 19, 2021• 2:00 PM

Location: Balboa Park Picnic Area 1•34 Sgt John V Young Ln, San Francisco, CA 94112

Image

In 2020, YIMBY members worked hard to elect Myrna Melgar to the Board of Supervisors in District 7, and helped secure her win in a tight race.  Now that Supervisor Melgar has settled into her new role on the Board of Supervisors, we figured it'd be a great time to catch-up and talk about what she's learned early on, get her perspective on the current landscape of housing politics in San Francisco and where she sees future opportunities for more collaboration in the coming years.

Come join us for an afternoon to pick the brain of a housing wonk with the power to make change in San Francisco and catch up with your fellow YIMBYs. Lunch and drinks will be provided. Hope to see you there! We recommend a minimum donation of $50 to attend the event.

Image

We are a chapter of YIMBY Action, a network of pro-housing activists fighting for more inclusive housing policies and a future of abundant housing.

Sent via ActionNetwork.org. To update your email address, change your name or address, or to stop receiving emails from SF YIMBY, please click here.