SAN FRANCISCO - 636 4th street - 427 units, 37 stories in Central SoMa

Jon Schwark

Apr 4, 2015, 10:49:50 AM4/4/15
to SFBAren...@googlegroups.com
 Right across from the Caltrain Station, the 3rd street muni, and a future central SoMa train stop.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/blog/real-estate/2015/04/soma-caltrain-cre-residential-tower-solbach.html?page=all

This one is important because there is a move to let some office buildings (like the Flower Mart) go above zoning in Central SoMa. This is a RESIDENTIAL building that wants to go high (350 feet. Current zoning is much lower but CentralSoma plan is expected to raise it to 250'). Is Central SoMa serious about Jobs + Housing balance? lets find out! The owners have sent preliminary plans to planning. We should be writing to planning telling them that if more jobs are going to get approved in central SoMa, more housing needs to be approved too. I'll do more research and figure out what actions would be best to take.

Alfred

Apr 4, 2015, 8:24:22 PM4/4/15
to Jon Schwark, SFBAren...@googlegroups.com

37 floors is too few for across the street from a major train station.  Should be at least 50, similar to the Transbay Terminal area.