TONIGHT: Influence the Next 10 Years of SF Housing Policy

Salim at SF YIMBY

Sep 1, 2021, 12:58:01 PM9/1/21
to sfbaren...@googlegroups.com
SF must rezone for more than 82 THOUSAND new homes!
Image

Tonight we're using the regular monthly meeting to hear from and give comments on San Francisco's Housing Element, the state-mandated plan to rezone our city to accommodate more than 82 thousand new homes!

SPEAK UP TONIGHT!

Ever wanted to shape the next decade of housing in San Francisco?

Tonight, city staff will hear directly from SF YIMBY about how to plan for the Housing Element, a plan to reach our state-mandated housing goal (aka RHNA). State law (that we helped pass) is forcing San Francisco to update its housing plan to permit over 80,000 homes in eight years. Housing production in San Francisco will have to double.

This is our opportunity to help the city chart a course to success by upzoning the west side, cutting red tape, and more. It's critical that we give feedback on this monumental plan.

Join us tonight in meeting city staff to help them plan SF’s next decade of housing!

PS.

If you're not already a member, this is an easy way to qualify for Volunteer Membership and gain access to the members-only YIMBY Action Slack! Reply to this email if you have questions.

Image

We are a chapter of YIMBY Action, a network of pro-housing activists fighting for more inclusive housing policies and a future of abundant housing.

Sent via ActionNetwork.org. To update your email address, change your name or address, or to stop receiving emails from SF YIMBY, please click here.