Further experiments in radical openness... Twitter and this group.

Jon Schwark

Jul 21, 2016, 5:55:05 PM7/21/16
to SFBA Renters Federation
There is now an official SFBARF twitter feed @SFBARFbot . It will be mirroring posts and news stories from the Facebook page and a few other places.

The @SFYIMBY is now SFYIMBY news - stuff related to the SFYIMBY.com / San Francisco YIMBY site.

Also, in case you didn't get the news, @SonjaTrauss aka LocalPolitics now has her own twitter as well. Congratulations Sonja ;)

One thought that had crossed my mind was having top level topics from this Google Group autofeed to @SFBARFbot as a way to get more people involved.

We are already public on the web, and have experienced several instances where things said here have been used against the organization and community, rightly or wrongly. There have been real life consequences. That said, I think our experiment in radical openness has been a success. For every time I have seen someone take a quote from here out of the context of the discussion to make us look bad, I have sent 10 #HeyWereReal links to our introduce-yourself post when someone has accused us of being astroturf. There is nothing like the power of the truth.

Frankly, knowing the forum is public makes us embody our best selves. Or at least it should.

I'm asking permission/opinions because this expands the circle one step wider. To be honest, journalists who are at their hearts opposed to our goals already read this group looking for tasty tidbits to use to embarrass us, so I don't see how one more Vanishing SF tweet, 48 shills story or Patrick Conners comment here or there really matters. Having potentially dozens or hundreds more people reading and contributing to this list would matter more.

What do you think?

Jon

Sonja Trauss

Jul 21, 2016, 5:58:39 PM7/21/16
to Jon Schwark, SFBA Renters Federation
I would love to have top level topics from this group autofeed to the Bot.

Mike Schiraldi

Jul 21, 2016, 6:04:21 PM7/21/16
to Sonja Trauss, Jon Schwark, SFBA Renters Federation
Sure; worst-case, we can always just change our names and buy wigs / moustaches.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/SFBArentersfed/CAEMAOD681fvBHS2LBbEWdiqR-VYNpkp7K9_O7KP78TFLbzDpvA%40mail.gmail.com.

Brian Hanlon

Jul 21, 2016, 7:20:23 PM7/21/16
to Mike Schiraldi, Sonja Trauss, Jon Schwark, SFBA Renters Federation

Donald Dewsnup

Jul 21, 2016, 9:08:55 PM7/21/16
to SFBA Renters Federation
I concur this is great!