86 units reconfigured to 350-ish units in INNER SUNSET - SF

Jon Schwark

Feb 27, 2015, 5:27:43 PM2/27/15
to SFBAren...@googlegroups.com
This isn't an immediate action item, but I met 2 people from the architecture firm last night. I told them to let us know if they anticipated neighborhood resistance.

They are tearing down some existing 2-3 story apartments from the 50's. All the remaining residents will get to keep their rent controlled units by moving into the first finished units. It's right by UCSF Medical Center, so they could claim that that is a good precedent for vertical density in the neighborhood, but as it stands, they are just really trying to creatively maximize the existing 40' zoning.

Armand Domalewski

Feb 27, 2015, 5:47:21 PM2/27/15
to Jon Schwark, SFBAren...@googlegroups.com
I live nearby---there has already been some kvetching on NextDoor
about the "monster" in Kirkham.
> --
> This list to heavy for you? Join the ANNOUNCEMENTS ONLY list:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sfbarentersfed-announce and
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/SFBArentersfed/748ab957-a9ee-4dbc-8ed9-f2743c19c6fa%40googlegroups.com.

lmejias

Feb 28, 2015, 2:37:12 PM2/28/15
to SFBAren...@googlegroups.com
I interviewed one of the parties involved in this development while writing my thesis. It's really a class act effort to bring density and improve the lives of existing residents. No one gets evicted and more homes are built. Further, community benefits include better access to the park land behind the project.

Sonja Trauss

Feb 28, 2015, 6:07:51 PM2/28/15
to lmejias, SFBAren...@googlegroups.com
Ok I am so on board. Please tell me where/ when to show up

On Saturday, February 28, 2015, lmejias <lme...@gmail.com> wrote:
I interviewed one of the parties involved in this development while writing my thesis. It's really a class act effort to bring density and improve the lives of existing residents. No one gets evicted and more homes are built. Further, community benefits include better access to the park land behind the project.

Jon Schwark

Feb 28, 2015, 7:53:53 PM2/28/15
to SFBAren...@googlegroups.com, lme...@gmail.com
I got on their project outreach list, so I think I should get notices. i will follow up with emails to the architects at Van Meter, Williams, and Pollack and let them know about this thread as well.

Jon