ALL OF US STRANGERS (2023) (film review by Mark R. Leeper and Evelyn C. Leeper)

Philip De Parto

Feb 16, 2024, 11:12:02 AMFeb 16
to SFABC (nj) Movie Group
The following review is reprinted with permission from

THE MT VOID
02/16/24 -- Vol. 42, No. 33, Whole Number 2315

= = = = = = = = = =

ALL OF US STRANGERS (2023)  (film review by Mark R. Leeper and
Evelyn C. Leeper)

In ALL OF US STRANGERS, Adam (Andrew
Scott) is a apparently one of only two residents in a high-rise
black of flats in London.  After an encounter with his slightly
menacing neighbor Harry (Paul Mescal), he decides to re-visit his
childhood home.  He runs into someone he knows, who takes him
"home".  The someone turns out to be his father, who seems no older
than Adam, and the same is true of his mother.  And the car in the
driveway is an old car.  Then we find out that both parents had
died when Adam was twelve years old.  From there, things get
stranger.

[SLIGHT SPOILER]

ALL OF US STRANGERS seems a bit like a "Twilight Zone" episode;
this has not one but three episodes it has connections to ("Walking
Distance", "The Trouble with Templeton", and "Of Late I Dream of
Cliffordville", and a Ray Bradbury story to boot).  But it's
original in its approach.  It's not a "time travel to the past",
and it's not "a visit to heaven".  It is, I suppose, a sort of a
ghost story.  It is rather an examination of how people relate, and
how sometimes it seems that when one is ready to connect, the other
isn't, and then later the second one is, but the fist has moved on.

Released theatrically 22 December 2023.  Rating: high +1 (-4 to
+4), or 6/10.

Film Credits:
<https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21192142/reference>

What others are saying: