Oops, typo.. Re: SF911Truth: Re: Fahrenheit 451🎧 22 Nov 2023

Richard

Nov 26, 2023, 12:55:01 PM11/26/23
to 'Dana Carson' via sf911truth, Richard Tamm, Wisdom Warriors, Berkeley Nojab, The Truth Group, Cynthia Rahav

...In a bad edit of the post I just sent (below), I inadvertently left out
my responses to this lead in:

Let us remember some things "the left" - the _genuine_ left - gave us:

1) The five day work week with two-day weekend.

2) The 8 hour work day.

3) The concept of a "vacation" every year.

4) The concept of "retirement with dignity" in old-age.

ALL of these have been under assault by the ultra-rich, via their paid-for
tools known as the politicians "on the right," with FAR too much support
from "their base," for whom these policies go against their own
self-interest.

Note also that the ultra-rich even eat their own. New statistics show that
even a majority of the lower 9% of the richest 10% among us claim they
feel financial insecurity. This was NOT the case before Reagan!

Richard

P.S. If it's not abundantly obvious to you already, please note that the
common enemy of the poorest 99% of us, or thereabouts, are the very
richest in society who don't appear to give a damn about anything except
their own wealth. We'd do better setting aside who goes in what bathroom
or arguing over prayer in public schools for another day and focus on
uniting against the ultra-rich so we can get back to something resembling
a competent society - something a LOT more fair. Then we can get back to
arguing over those other things. However, "divide and conquer" works and
those of you who will not see the wisdom of this are likely assisting the
continued pressing of the boot heel of the ultra-rich on all our necks.

RT

Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 08:40:52 -0800 (PST)

Subject: Re: SF911Truth: Re: Fahrenheit 451🎧 22 Nov 2023

On Sun, 26 Nov 2023, 'Dana Carson' via sf911truth wrote:

> Sorry folks, but I take TOTAL issue with the term “Left censorship nazis”.

I do, too, but my tack is to point out how _no_, these neo-liberals are _not_
left. This is an educational problem brought about by modern propaganda by
_all_ the main stream media and BOTH parties as it serves their interests.

The _only_ two reasons the term "left" is applied are:

1) As what we call "the right" really is the right, this delusional BS
about having a two-party system, combined with a linear, unidimensional
view of politics of the "if you're not this then you must be that"
variety then makes the "opposition" to the right "the left," even
though they have about as much genuine left in them as the right does.

It's called relativism. And, it's a near corollary to the old adage,
"You don't have to be any good to be the best there is!" And;

It's worth noting that there are virtually _zero_ actual members of the
left in national public office today... Bernie Sanders is one. Are
there even any others? ..._Perhaps_ Rashida Tlaib? (AOC is out!) We
used to have a few, like Dennis Kucinich, but the Democrats ran them
all out of the party years ago, and Bernie's an Independent!

2) The GENUINE left is at odds with neo-liberalism, however, the
neo-liberals, like, as a perfect example, Hillary Clinton, like to
claim to be "left" because they know it'll get them votes. I literally
burst out laughing when, in the 2016 campaign cycle Hillary claimed to
be a progressive! HA!

Let us remember some things "the left" - the _genuine_ left - gave us:

There's a VERY erudite writeup on all this, though it is rather long, to be
found here:

http://thetroypress.com/articles/art/20210314/art.20210314.html

>  As if the use of that ridiculous term is supposed to carry any weight
> whatsoever.

No, Dana, it was used as an intentional pejorative. But you took the bait and
did the same right back ... Not that you were were wrong, but maybe this is the
wrong way to go about helping our fellow citizens.

However, you touch on, unintentionally, I think, or without focus, on a SUPER
critical point:

Without government, the ultra-rich can run roughshod over all our lives more
than they do even now; be careful what you wish for, you might get it!

Life without government would be unbeievably worse. People who want to tear
down government are either allies of the ultra-rich or seriously lacking in
their strategic thinking.

In closing, I well know people are hurting badly out in the USA and if
nothing's done to substantially help "everyday Americans", there will at some
point be serious blood-shed. However, there's another way...

Observe that about 50% of those who are eligible to vote are registered, and of
those registered, about 50% vote, and of those who vote, about 50% vote D and
50% vote R.

For those NOT bad at math, this means that around 75% of us sit it out while
around 12.5% or so, give or take a little as the years roll past, elect our
president.

The REASONS they don't vote usually boil down to not perceiving it makes any
difference. And, done the way the two-big-parties want you to vote, the 75% are
correct.

However, we DO NOT have a two-party system. The founders wanted a NO party
system, but didn't prevent them. ... IF, all those not registered were to
register and IF those registered who don't vote would just vote... AND IF
they'd, em masse, vote _neither_ Democrat _nor_ Republican, then the two big
parties would be forced to consider The Will Of The People, which they
presently ignore (give lip-service to), and we'd see a political revolution
virtually overnight without any bloodshed whatsoever!

Yeah, a guy can dream!

But in the mean time, I refuse to vote just to vote AGAINST someone. Starting a
few cycles back, I'm ONLY voting FOR people I actually think will be good for
the job. So, you can't blame me for whatever two-party idiot, Biden or Trump,
we get this next cycle. ...Is one worse than the ohter? SURE! But voting for
the lesser evil is how they trap us: Yeah, Biden's bad but TRUMP! And, Yeah,
Trump's _awful,_ but Biden! Unfortunately, BOTH groups have a point and don't
see how they're helping keep us all trapped.

Richard

Marilyn Langlois

Nov 27, 2023, 11:39:48 PM11/27/23
to sf911...@googlegroups.com, Richard, Richard Tamm, Wisdom Warriors, Berkeley Nojab, The Truth Group, Cynthia Rahav
Thanks for these comments, Richard-- I agree that all poor and working folks need to unite in dismantling the structures that allow for extreme wealth and extreme poverty. My proposal from a few years ago here:
https://www.transcend.org/tms/2017/11/quality-of-life-floor-and-wealth-ceiling-a-house-we-can-all-live-in/

Marilyn

Dr. King's American Dream: "A land where men will not take necessities from the many to give luxuries to the few."