OT: reset a Garmin 510

R Samuel Klatchko

Sep 20, 2021, 4:19:47 PM9/20/21
to SF2G
Does anyone have experience resetting a Garmin 510? Mine started acting up this weekend:
  • First, when I finished my ride on Saturday it wouldn't respond to my touch so couldn't save the ride.
  • It had been a somewhat wet ride so I turned it off and let it dry overnight but now it gets stuck at "Loading Profiles" during boot.
  • The touchscreen does seem to be working again; I booted to the diagnostics screen (holding the start button while powering on) and it responds to my touch there.
Anyone know if it's possible to factory reset if the boot doesn't finish?

samuel

R Samuel Klatchko

Sep 22, 2021, 10:28:29 PM9/22/21
to SF2G
Found a solution: I needed to reformat the drive as FAT32.