OT: Anyone work with google maps?

Patrick Kitto

Jul 28, 2021, 9:46:46 PM7/28/21
to sf...@googlegroups.com
My sons coop preschool is having an issue with how we show up on maps. Can anyone point me towards the right place to start correcting this?

According to maps, the school is permanently closed and the image show is of the back alley of the school. We need all the help we can get to keep enrollment up and running.

The school has been open since the 50’s and looks like we should survive covid, but it isn’t guaranteed yet- anything and everything is going to help them succeed.

Thanks!
Patrick

Aaron Chen

Jul 28, 2021, 10:26:51 PM7/28/21
to patric...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
On mobile so I can’t check on a browser right now. There is a “suggest an edit” option and I think other report options. I’ve done this for stores perm closed that google marked open and vice versa. I also corrected my home address in google maps using this. It would take 3-4 days and I would get an email saying edit accepted.

Apple Maps however still shows my home location incorrectly and no amount of reports updates it.

--
http://sf2g.com
---

Jeffrey Tong

Jul 29, 2021, 1:26:58 AM7/29/21
to patric...@gmail.com, SF2G
I am using Googlemaps on mobile phone. Press contribute.  You can propose change, but I don't know how responsive Google is.  They never changed my request.

Some neighbors said Google maps recommended truckers go through their residential neighborhood.  They complained, and allegedly Google did change, but updates reverted back to original.  So who knows?

Jeffrey Tong, co-founder
Colinas Costeras
Community Wildlife Habitat

"The miracle of the coastal hills is fog"
Fog = H₂O = Life

https://www.bonfire.com/store/colinas-costeras/

--
20210728_192304.jpg