OT: Anyone want to ride Demo Forest MTB this weekend?

Luke S

Aug 24, 2021, 11:20:11 AM8/24/21
to SF2G
Would anyone be interested in riding Demo Forest this weekend? I would most probably prefer Sunday, but am somewhat flexible.

My plan is to rent a car for the day and drive down from SF.

Pace will probably be the equivalent of an SF2G S3 effort (although obviously slower due to fat tires).

Alexandre Passos

Aug 24, 2021, 11:23:47 AM8/24/21
to Luke Scholefield, SF2G
I could be convinced if the air is good. Should expect real dusty conditions though, probably not up for riding sawpit but flow/braille should be fun.

--
http://sf2g.com
---

 - Alex

Kurt Wallace Martin

Aug 24, 2021, 12:25:39 PM8/24/21
to Luke Scholefield, SF2G
I was there 2 weeks ago and would be glad to go back. Dusty everywhere but still shady, right?
_____________________________________

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 8:20 AM Luke S <schol...@gmail.com> wrote:

Alexandre Passos

Aug 24, 2021, 12:27:29 PM8/24/21
to Kurt Wallace Martin, Luke Scholefield, SF2G
All the climbing is shaded, yes.

--
 - Alex

Luke S

Aug 26, 2021, 2:46:01 PM8/26/21
to SF2G
Sunday 29 August, 11am Demo Forest, (or there about)

I understand there is no real meeting place, so will need to work out when we get there. FWIW, I ride a red Santa Cruz Hightower. Probably will be wearing a blue shirt, green camelback and black helmet.

Feel free to email me and I will give you my phone number/signal.

I will leave from SF at around 9am (I am going to hire a car), if anyone needs a ride, but just a warning, there might be a quick stop at Ikea on the way home. Also, I have only had my US license for less than a year, so I still follow the road rules (ie no speeding).

Luke S

Aug 29, 2021, 1:21:48 AM8/29/21
to SF2G
If there are no +1s by Sunday 8am, I will roll when I roll.