Saturday 11/20 ride, 50-70 miles?

Nathan Dushman

Nov 18, 2021, 1:45:54 PM11/18/21
to SF2G
Anyone interested in joining me for a ride this Saturday 11/20? I have a free day, just need to be home by 4pm. I haven't done anything longer than Hawk Hill in a month and would love to do 50-70 miles: Paradise Loop (with Ring Mountain dirt), trails around Mt Tam, Alpine Dam, Planet of the Apes (which I've never done and have been meaning to do), maybe even something in the East Bay, open to suggestions. Some dirt would be fun but I'm fine with a road-only ride if it gets me good company.

Nathan

Ben Roberts

Nov 19, 2021, 12:28:36 AM11/19/21
to SF2G
Hey Nathan, yeah I'm interested. Been hankering for some dirt lately. A Planet of the Apes adventure sounds fun to me. Could do something like this: https://www.strava.com/activities/5873938914. Starting from home and maybe adding a DSB loop at the start would make it a nice long one. Would also definitely be up for other options, particularly if they involve off-road riding.

Ben

Nathan Dushman

Nov 19, 2021, 3:53:23 PM11/19/21
to king...@gmail.com, SF2G
That looks good. If it turns out I'm feeling energetic enough for it, I'd be tempted to continue further south along 1, then climb up through Purissima Redwoods and return along Skyline (or maybe descend Kings Mountain and take Caltrain home). Where's a good spot to meet? How early do you want to leave? I'm fine leaving my house in Potrero Hill any time between 7-8.

--
http://sf2g.com
---

Ben Roberts

Nov 19, 2021, 4:39:53 PM11/19/21
to Nathan Dushman, SF2G
Do you want to meet at this lookout spot in McLaren Park at 8am? Coordinates: 37.7181840410039, -122.4103424152521. We could ride Philosopher's Way to the west side of the park and then climb S Hill to DSB loop, then down Guadalupe and Fleaway to Sneath, and so on. Purisima would be epic, but I probably wouldn't join you for that (legs/schedule).

image.png

Nathan Dushman

Nov 19, 2021, 5:55:09 PM11/19/21
to Ben Roberts, SF2G
Sounds good to me! See you tomorrow.

Nathan

Peter Colijn

Nov 19, 2021, 9:48:16 PM11/19/21
to nathan...@gmail.com, Ben Roberts, SF2G
+1 hopefully I can find the rollout location, I'm not terribly familiar with McLaren...

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sf2g/CAKuLAU5uY5z-2mJpO3YbqUOsKqXWhUzr86Mgj_uZmJBc7Uo%3D6A%40mail.gmail.com.