OT: Not Everesting, but definitely a worthy ride

Bret Lobree

Apr 25, 2022, 5:18:02 PM4/25/22
to SF2G
A riding buddy of mine pointed this out to me. Seems like a Peter Colijn kinda ride. An excellent double century at the very least.

1T

Scott Crosby

Jun 27, 2022, 4:21:47 PM6/27/22
to Bret Lobree, SF2G
"Historic Relative Effort" - that's a Strava level I'll never achieve, I'm pretty sure. damn impressive, even Colijnesque.

--
http://sf2g.com
---

Darrin Ward

Jun 27, 2022, 4:28:20 PM6/27/22
to Scott Crosby, Bret Lobree, SF2G
didnt peter just ride to spokane in 2 days?
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sf2g/CALSqfs3RPqxiw%2Be%3DcHqn0oN7uHE-RHj0s3mMNODpvx9EwXR1Fg%40mail.gmail.com.

Ken MacInnis

Jun 27, 2022, 4:29:24 PM6/27/22
to scr...@gmail.com, Bret Lobree, SF2G
To be honest, I’d rather not hit it at all, than hit it on a much more mundane ride.. in theory..

--
Ken MacInnis - kcm at clueful dot org - http://www.clueful.org/

Scott Crosby

Jun 27, 2022, 4:39:50 PM6/27/22
to Darrin Ward, Bret Lobree, SF2G
probably, one can only assume. but why Spokane? I mean, it has a nice waterfall in the middle of the city, but it's kinda Trumpy.

Darrin Ward

Jun 27, 2022, 8:17:17 PM6/27/22
to Scott Crosby, Bret Lobree, SF2G
heh my brother just moved to vantucky (vancouver, wa) which is also a
bit trumpy. i still go visit him.
but granted i fly and am not riding the 650 miles in 2 days :)
but hey its very carbon neutral

Peter Colijn

Jun 28, 2022, 11:32:24 PM6/28/22
to Darrin Ward, Scott Crosby, Bret Lobree, SF2G
Technically took me 4 days to get to Spokane, but it's 1000 miles from SF (give or take; I like to visit Crater Lake on the way because why not). Then I met up with some friends and we're riding the rest of the way to Banff. (So yes, I rode 1600km to ride a 600km.)

Scott Crosby

Jun 30, 2022, 8:38:21 AM6/30/22
to Peter Colijn, Darrin Ward, Bret Lobree, SF2G
not unrespectable.

Kurt Wallace

Jun 30, 2022, 12:32:23 PM6/30/22
to Peter Colijn, Darrin Ward, Scott Crosby, Bret Lobree, SF2G
This is the most Peter statement ever:
I rode 1600km to ride a 600km.