Digital Inclusion

Ian Lynch

Nov 28, 2010, 7:33:35 AM11/28/10
to sf-uk-...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I drafted a unit on Digital Inclusion at the request of e-skills. (e-skills is the UK Sector Skills Council for Business and IT) The idea is to relate open source, and open systems to inclusion. The unit has the potential to be accepted in the ITQ framework for apprenticeships etc referenced to the European Qualifications Framework. It would probably be useful before the next Awarding Body Forum meeting of e-skills to have some feedback from this and other Open Source groups so I can pass that back.

A couple of simple questions.

Is a unit like this needed to raise awareness and understanding of the growing importance of open systems and the relationship with equal opportunities and inclusion legislation?

What modifications (if any) need to be made?

If you can spare a bit of time to look at the unit and e-mail me a brief answer to each of the questions it would be a big help.  Also feel free to copy to any other open source or relevant lists.

It would be good if possible to have a finalised version that we could present as an officially endorsed Schoolforge proposal.

Thanks

--
Ian

Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications