Fwd: OSS Watch's June newsletter published

Steve Lee

Jun 1, 2010, 9:38:21 AM6/1/10
to Schoolforge-UK Discussions
For information

Steve Lee
TransferSummit - http://transfersummit.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elena Blanco <elena....@oucs.ox.ac.uk>
Date: 1 June 2010 13:23
Subject: OSS Watch's June newsletter published
To: OSSWATCH...@jiscmail.ac.uk

Dear All

We are pleased to announce that the June edition of our monthly
newsletter has been published at

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/newsletters/june2010.pdf

This month's newsletter is a special conference edition to tie in with
TransferSummit, a major open source conference taking place in Oxford
24-25 June 2010.  In line with the conference our focus in this
newsletter is firmly on open innovation.  For this edition we bring
you a series of snippets about open innovation from the TransferSummit
website alongside our regular features.  As we prepare for the
conference OSS Watchers have been blogging on how open innovation
impacts on both the academic and business sectors. Sander van der Waal
considers the impact of open innovation on a specific green computing
initiative, Ross Gardler tells us about LEGO, and Steve Lee considers
whether open innovation can build a better Facebook.

We very much hope to see you at TransferSummit ready to contribute to
the knowledge exchange between academia and business. From spinouts
and startups to collaborative think-tanks, TransferSummit is the place
to discuss and discover strategic opportunities, so don’t miss out,
register today at http://www.transfersummit.com/registration on the
TransferSummit website.

Elena