So, like, logistics

Adrian King

Feb 7, 2014, 2:14:06 AM2/7/14
to sf-...@googlegroups.com
I'm wondering whether we might want to move to a weekly meeting schedule if we're going to break into subgroups.

We might want to be on a cycle something like:

. Week 0: Miscellaneous lecture

. Week 1: Write your own interpreter / design your own language

. Week 2: Coq and dependently typed languages

. Week 3: Is there a week 3? HoTT or logic programming or something? Or do these topics get folded into the Week 0 lectures?

And then back to Week 0.

I don't know whether our hosts at Mixrank would care to see us as frequently as once a week, but we might want to break into two smaller groups for the Week (succ _) activities anyway, to keep the group size manageable -- and a smaller group would fit more easily in a venue like a cafe. And if we had one subgroup meeting Monday and another on a different day, you could catch up with one subgroup if you didn't make you usual night.

Thoughts?

brinkle...@ssd.loral.com

Feb 10, 2014, 7:16:41 PM2/10/14
to sf-...@googlegroups.com
A cycle of alternating topics by week sounds good.

 Not sure if you (Adrian) meant to suggest an alternative of having more than one subgroup meeting in a week, but as someone interested in most of the subtopics who is also actively participating in other meetups, I'd rather not try to do that.  I think I could reasonably plan to attend three or four meetings of this group per month, but not more than that.

      Chris

Adrian King

Feb 10, 2014, 7:27:12 PM2/10/14
to sf-...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking of one week, one topic -- and definitely not two different topics on the same night, unless maybe they're duplicated some other night -- I don't want to miss anything either. And three or four meetings per month is probably plenty for me, too.

Adrian King

Feb 11, 2014, 2:14:29 PM2/11/14
to sf-...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering whether meetup let me change the threshold for non-organizer-announced meetings from 3 members to 2, but 3 seems to be hardwired. So if there are only 2 of you who want to get together somewhere as a regular meeting, you may want to create an imaginary friend.