Re: [sf-bike-planner:0] Digest for sf-bike-planner@googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 2 Topics

Garlynn Woodsong

Dec 10, 2009, 1:32:42 PM12/10/09
to sf-bike...@googlegroups.com
Hey bike trip planner guys,

So, I just had a long and good conversation with Susan Heinrich at MTC -- she oversees the 511 Bicycling program there, including Bike To Work Day and the 511 Bike Trip Planner effort (nominally). She would like for the leaders of this group (you know who you are -- maybe Matt might be best to make the call) to give her a ring. She would love to set up a meeting between us (or some subset of us who can make it to the meeting) and the technical folks at MTC to hash out the details of how we can all potentially work together to get a region-wide bicycle trip planner up and running in time for Bike To Word Day 2010 (in May).

Susan Heinrich: (510)817-5822. Please call her, say you know me (Garlynn) and you're interested in partnering on an open source bicycle trip planner effort. She'll know who you are and be happy to speak to you.

Keep me posted on how the call goes... I imagine it may take a few days to settle on a meeting date, however.

cheers,
~Garlynn

Matthew Heberger

Dec 11, 2009, 2:08:33 PM12/11/09
to sf-bike...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Garlynn. If no one objects, I'll give her a call early next week. I'll say that there are 3-5 people likely to attend a meeting. I suspect it will be during the day in downtown Oakland. Perhaps if we did it toward the end of the day, more people could attend? Email me if you want to attend, and say what times you prefer.

As a side note, Ms. Heinrich may remember me from comments I emailed on the 511 bike mapper (if they made it to her; I never got any acknowledgment that they'd been received).

http://ebmgh.com/blog/2009/11/comments-on-511-orgs-bike-mapper/

Cheers,
Matt