Going to have to add 45 new lanes to the maps

johnroark

Jul 2, 2009, 7:06:04 PM7/2/09
to sf-bike-planner
The city is moving forward with pans for 45 new bike lanes.

http://www.sfbike.org/?56

John

Amar Pai

Jul 2, 2009, 11:32:27 PM7/2/09
to sf-bike...@googlegroups.com
Anyone know if there are datasets equivalent to the ones on sfgov
(intersections,bike network,etc) but more recent? Last I heard, MTA
TIGER stuff was more up to date, but their bike network isn't
conflated w st names. The sfgov data is more usable off the bat.

Oh for a full fledged GIS editor! At one pt I was going to apply for
a free license, but the grant application was this ridiculous 20 page
email txt response only thing... Yeah right

We should see who's planning to produce an updated bike dataset w/ new
paths--maybe help arrive on a standard.

Does anybody know where I can find up to date data on st orientations?
Like which sts are one way & in which direction

anybody have an opinion on what constitutes the latest & greatest data
generally?
--
"I don't walk, I get CARRIED" -- ODB (RIP)