durkopp 207-5 - user guide

Simon Benouw

Jun 6, 2018, 4:45:54 PM6/6/18
to sew24
Hi Everyone,

I've just got a Durkopp 207-5 from my grand mother's house.

This item means a lot to me and my girlfriend. We are willing to make it works but we are afraid of misusing it.

1/ Does anyone has a userguide for this durkopp 207-5 or a similar model?
Feel free to answer with any kind of information which could help the discussion to evolve or any information that would help: similiar model from competitor, guide which apply to many conventional models.

2/ Also if you could say what it can be use for: kind of textile, leather, or any other information on the way we should use it.
3/ The leather strap/belt has been lost, so if you know a store for this, it would help

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP :-)

+ a photo of the machine waiting to be use

Simon

IMG_3385.JPG

orange...@aol.com

Nov 14, 2018, 6:11:07 AM11/14/18
to sew24
Pretty much the same machine as a Pfaff 34 or Singer 31K, 96K - the user guides of the mentioned machiens should help at least for threadng it and have it ready to sew. Stitch lengh adjuster are differen but thats pretty much self explaining.

misanth...@hotmail.com

Nov 14, 2018, 6:11:07 AM11/14/18
to sew24
hello!
i have the exact same model with you (from my grandmother too) and i can't seem to find any instructions/ manual book anywhere.
If i am not mistaken, this machine is used for any fabrics (with the right needle of course) but not for leather.
That leather strap/belt that you need (i dont know in which country you live), you could go to a shop where they fix sewing machines and they will help you. If that is not an option, they told me at a shop where they sell other sewing stuff (needles, threads, zippers etc) they could get me one. Also maybe at a hardware store.