how to use Sevntu Checkstyle in eclipse

yuxh...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2015, 8:54:00 PM8/18/15
to Sevntu Checkstyle
I install Sevntu Checkstyle plugin in eclipse,but I don't see any difference with  EclipseCS plugin and I didn't find any documents.Did I miss something?
thank you.

Roman Ivanov

Aug 20, 2015, 12:09:00 AM8/20/15
to sevntu-c...@googlegroups.com

No visual changes should be in plugin, list of Checks should be extended with new group

On Aug 19, 2015 3:54 AM, <yuxh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I install Sevntu Checkstyle plugin in eclipse,but I don't see any difference with  EclipseCS plugin and I didn't find any documents.Did I miss something?
thank you.

jbarr...@classy.org

Apr 18, 2018, 2:04:53 PM4/18/18
to Sevntu Checkstyle
Hi, I am just getting started with this checksum on eclipse and Java and would like to know how to format it correctly. I am specifically having issues with the
"Indentation: 'method def' child has incorrect indentation " and the "ndentation: 'method def modifier' has incorrect indentation ." rules. Is there any advice as to how to best configure checksum setup?

Thanks,

Janet

Roman Ivanov

Apr 18, 2018, 3:08:05 PM4/18/18
to sevntu-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Janet,

I do not understand question.
What is checksum ? and how it is related to Indentation Check violations ?

thanks,
Roman Ivanov

Janet Barrientos

Apr 18, 2018, 3:16:31 PM4/18/18
to sevntu-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roman,

Sorry, that was a typo I mean to say Checkstyle, and how to configure it properly.

-Janet

Roman Ivanov

Apr 18, 2018, 7:51:58 PM4/18/18
to sevntu-c...@googlegroups.com
change properties to match your code formatting.

Janet Barrientos

Apr 19, 2018, 12:26:54 PM4/19/18
to sevntu-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roman,

Yes, I have read that and manipulated it accordingly, however every time I try a something different and check with checkStyle it always gives me a different type of error. For example, if the original error is that the indentation is 4 and it should be 8 under a method, then I tab more to make the indentation 8 spaces the next error I get for the same line is the indentation should be 12 and it's 8. So you see there is always a problem with indentation even when its fixed according to what it's asking me to do.  So I was wondering if it was a bug.

-Janet

Roman Ivanov

Apr 19, 2018, 12:45:39 PM4/19/18
to sevntu-c...@googlegroups.com