BrightDrop or Not?

22 views
Skip to first unread message

The Natural Health Medical Clinic

unread,
Aug 13, 2026, 3:49:48 PMAug 13
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com
Have someone who offered me their BrightDrop 600 with low mileage for
$48k. Is that so great of a deal that I should sell our low-mileage
Sienna Hybrid? I mostly use it for hauling stuff around, about 60 miles
at a time usually, like tall plants, long pipes, roofing material are a
few examples from the past month, but hope to outfit it as a dependable
RV (still hoping to electrify my Vixens though). Hoping to move some
motorcycles as well.

Thanks for your opinions.

Tim Economu

unread,
Aug 14, 2026, 2:13:12 PMAug 14
to SEVA Email List
Hey John, Tim here.
I think someone in SEVA has a Brightdrop already, maybe he can pipe up with his experience? They are a delivery van, so for hauling stuff around, they would be perfect. For an RV, they will have pretty good range, compared to the competition, and you can charge at any campground with power. You will have a good amount of conversion work to do, like cutting in windows, building beds and counters, and cabinets, and insulation, and hvac, and and and...
It's fun work, but it's still work (and money!).
Let me know if you want any pointers!
t

Dave Barden

unread,
Aug 14, 2026, 2:24:13 PMAug 14
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com
Bill Pierre chev in Lake City has 10 new ones on their lot.  Last I heard (from a neighbor who has 2) they were going for under $35k.  And that was sometime ago.  
Offer them $30k? 

--
Learn about EVs and EVents at: https://www.seattleeva.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SEVA Email List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to SEVA_list+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/SEVA_list/a1d4a781-6b36-4e6e-8b92-b434f0108969n%40googlegroups.com.

Chad Schwitters

unread,
Aug 16, 2026, 1:36:04 PMAug 16
to SEVA Email List
I have a Brightdrop. I had replied privately, but for the rest of the group:

There are quite a variety of Brightdrop configurations, so there are a wide variety of prices. There's 20' or 24', small or large battery, RWD or AWD, power doors or no, power offboarding or no, etc.

The first two years ('23 and '24) it was sold as a Brightdrop Zevo. For 25 and 26 it was sold as a Chevy Brightdrop. Theoretically there is no difference, but practically there can be issues with registration, warranty, insurance, etc if you have a Zevo. They can be worked through (and it's getting better), but it can bring some aggravation. The older ones are also more likely to have leaks. Of course, they tend to be cheaper so it may be well worth it.

Then of course there's whether it's used or new, if used then miles and condition.

I haven't following current pricing very closely since I already have one, but from what I can recall a used '23 400 with RWD and small battery may well go for mid-thirties (it could be less, of course, but I don't recall seeing it). But a new '26 600 with AWD, large battery and power offboarding may be more like $50k (if you can find one at all; they were rare and have been very popular). These numbers are of course very rough, as there are only a small number of buyers and sellers to it depends as much on individual circumstances as market forces. The fact that they aren't building any more can apply both upward and downward pressure; the numbers are fluctuating. It's very hard to say what a "fair" price is.

As for mine...well, I bought it converted, so the price of the van was hidden as it was bundled with the conversion costs.

There are several owners talking about what they paid and documenting their own DIY and paid conversions at brightdropforum.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages