Saw two Electra solo's yesterday

Mark Schiller

Sep 12, 2021, 12:17:12 PMSep 12
to Seattle EVA E-Mail INPUT
Saw a red and white one driving down I-5:

Home - ElectraMeccanica

--
Mark Schiller

Mark Yormark

Sep 13, 2021, 3:18:04 PMSep 13
to seva
Wow!  Zero to sixty m.p.h. in twelve seconds is disappointing.  I wonder if it is so slow that it is dangerous?
Mark

--
Learn about EVs and EVents at: https://www.seattleeva.org
---

Jay Donnaway

Sep 13, 2021, 7:20:55 PMSep 13
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com
Hardly dangerous due to lack of acceleration, but the only driven wheel riding an oily ridge while only one of the other two is in a rut creates terrible driving dynamics on poor roads, which we are only likely to see more of in the next decade.  I love tiny cars, but my test drive of a Solo was only marginally better than a Sparrow, convincing me that unless you're a ferry commuter, these 3-wheelers have no advantage over a good used i-MiEV, Fiat 500e, or Smart ED (in that order).

-Jay

Ed Mills

Sep 13, 2021, 8:34:05 PMSep 13
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious here. I have an Arcimoto, and it feels stable. It's a tadpole design with both front wheels driven, (independently by 2 complete drivetrains, inverter through gearbox), and I haven't had any scary moments like that. I don't know if my time just hasn't come yet, or if different designs vary.

Jay got a back-seat ride at one point.

Any comments out there?

Ed