Sustainable Ballard returns; anyone want to show?

Billy Kreuter

Sep 9, 2022, 2:08:57 PMSep 9
to seva...@googlegroups.com
I've coordinated SEVA's appearances from 2014 through 2019 at the Sustainable Ballard Festival.  It's returning this year after a pandemic hiatus of two years, and it's moved about a mile uphill to the Loyal Heights Community Center, 2101 NW 77th St.  This year they'll have room for four EVs to show the community.

The event is mostly a vendor fair for sustainable-environment products; Jeremy's company, Puget Sound Solar, will have a booth.  Presenters of EVs will find it somewhat like Greenwood or Triple XXX, mostly a lot of q-and-a, and probably no opportunity for drive-alongs.  (The street will be closed, for one thing.)  I'm right now trying to clarify with the organizers if the event ends at 3 or at 4; the website says both.  It starts at 11.  Due to the street closure, most likely cars need to be in place and stay there from 10:30 until, I think, either 3:15 or 4:15 depending on what the organizers say when they write back to me.

In past years presenters have included myself, Roger, Emeritus, and John Lussmyer.  Would anyone thinking they'd like to show please write to me at billyk...@gmail.com and I'll develop a head count?  For now I expect that the firm limit is four, and due to schedule conflicts I'm not sure if I'll be there myself.

Billy

Billy Kreuter

Sep 9, 2022, 5:09:31 PMSep 9
to seva...@googlegroups.com
The organizers have written back to me, saying that they recently shortened the event by an hour but they forgot to update some of the webpages and announcements.

The correct information now is: Sustainable Ballard will be held on Saturday, September 24, from 11 to 3.  Seva is invited to display up to four cars.  Cars should be on-site no later than 10:30, and stay until 3:15.

So far Paul K. and Dave B. have expressed interest.  We should have room for one or two more.

dave barden

Sep 9, 2022, 5:29:28 PMSep 9
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com
O'Sparky and I would gladly give way for a Rivian, Lucid Air, EV6, Ford Lightning or some other example of the long awaited offerings from the "Big Boys"... 😁
--
Learn about EVs and EVents at: https://www.seattleeva.org
---

ciao for now,
dave b

Paul Kahle

Sep 18, 2022, 4:09:11 AMSep 18
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com
Hey Bill,

I'm sorry about this but I'll have to drop out of the Sustainable Ballard show next Saturday.  I've been asked to umpire a double header for some HS Varsity teams that morning and I won't be finished until well after noon.

Paul Kahle

Billy Kreuter

Sep 18, 2022, 5:03:40 PMSep 18
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for letting us know, Paul.  We now have space for two more cars at Sustainable Ballard.  It's Saturday, September 24, at Loyal Heights Community Center.  Arrive by 10:30 and leave at 3:15.  Any takers?