Tesla Driver Survived a 14-Hour Traffic Jam in Snowy Weather

Philip Skoog

Oct 2, 2022, 8:13:00 AMOct 2
to seva...@googlegroups.com

Some Norwegians were told that they would freeze in a snow storm if stuck in a Tesla well that is not true for these reasons.

Tony Billera

Oct 2, 2022, 11:37:12 AMOct 2
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com
Old news.   This was after the big snow on the east coast.

I think it also is true for other EV besides those branded Tesla.

Please consider the environment before printing this email. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone

--
Learn about EVs and EVents at: https://www.seattleeva.org
---

Philip Skoog

Oct 2, 2022, 4:18:07 PMOct 2
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com
My point was not that this is a new thing but that this is how they lower the stock a value of EV brands.

Do you think this is known by the public? It is not.

Sent from my iPhone

Tony Billera

Oct 2, 2022, 5:01:10 PMOct 2
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com
The benefits of electric in the snowstorm made TV mass media news at the time. And much discussion afterwards on Facebook and other platforms with deniers quickly informed of facts.

I agree the majority do not know that a EV owner is not at a disadvantage in bad weather. And in fact has such advantages. Such info and other like Vehicle to Home/Load,  are some great concepts to emphasize the added value of electric.

I’m following the Fb EV6 group and many owners are taking advantage of its two 1.8 kw AC outlets to run freezers and friges and fans during the massive outage in Florida and SE. So, there is an increased awareness. I mention it in my presentations.