10 views
Skip to first unread message

MARC NORDLUND

unread,
Sep 1, 2026, 6:19:36 PMSep 1
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com

MARC NORDLUND

unread,
Sep 2, 2026, 9:44:45 PMSep 2
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com

Larry Ryan

unread,
Sep 3, 2026, 8:26:54 PMSep 3
to seva...@googlegroups.com
I came close to this. Plugshare guided me to two level 2 ChargePoint public chargers at this location: Seattle Jeep (Chrysler Dodge Ram)
13733 Aurora Ave N,
Seattle, WA 98133, USA
This dealership refused my request to charge my S-10 even for 20 min. I pointed out that they were listed as public on both Plugshare and ChargePoint websites. Didn't matter. I didn't make it home to Bothell after Greenwood. I was towed the last 3 miles. 
The lesson here is that "public" charging stations aren't aways available to the public. 
-Larry


From: seva...@googlegroups.com <seva...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of MARC NORDLUND <mnord...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2026 3:19 PM
To: SEVA...@googlegroups.com <SEVA...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [SEVA]
 

Paul Kahle

unread,
Sep 3, 2026, 8:32:04 PMSep 3
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com
You should have left a note on Plugshare so others would be warned to avoid these chargers.

PK

MARC NORDLUND

unread,
Sep 3, 2026, 8:43:08 PMSep 3
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com
FUCK Seattle Jeep. They should have allowed you to pay. Douchebags. 

I'm sorry you had to be towed. 

cb_rad...@riseup.net

unread,
Sep 4, 2026, 4:52:20 PMSep 4
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com
Have I understood correctly that it is level 2 chargers which are
particularly hard to find? Are older EVs unable to use level 3
chargers, and are level 3 chargers newer, with level 2 being phased out?
And, if so, wouldn't this mean a major society-wide problem in that
this type of "planned obsolescence" (or thoughtlessly not-so-planned?)
is an obstacle to the less wealthy taking up the older used EVs when
those who can afford new EVs keep upgrading to new models? This really
makes me not want to buy a car. I don't understand how EVs are becoming
so popular when even you experts and enthusiasts have such constant
battles to find chargers.

Corey Ballantyne


On 2026-09-03 17:26, Larry Ryan wrote:
> I came close to this. Plugshare guided me to two level 2 ChargePoint
> public chargers at this location: Seattle Jeep (Chrysler Dodge Ram)
> 13733 Aurora Ave N,
> Seattle, WA 98133, USA
> This dealership refused my request to charge my S-10 even for 20 min.
> I pointed out that they were listed as public on both Plugshare and
> ChargePoint websites. Didn't matter. I didn't make it home to Bothell
> after Greenwood. I was towed the last 3 miles.
> The lesson here is that "public" charging stations aren't aways
> available to the public.
> -Larry
>
> -------------------------
> [1]
>
> --
> Learn about EVs and EVents at: https://www.seattleeva.org [2]
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "SEVA Email List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to SEVA_list+...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/SEVA_list/CADH8qB8pQqYY9b8y5_7BkacpRtR1HrXWnYpZPzguL0f_RGp92w%40mail.gmail.com
> [3].
>
> --
> Learn about EVs and EVents at: https://www.seattleeva.org
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "SEVA Email List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to SEVA_list+...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/SEVA_list/CO6PR17MB505975E08F58E3BB8B27BB59C1B52%40CO6PR17MB5059.namprd17.prod.outlook.com
> [4].
>
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://www.thedrive.com/news/ev-renter-hit-with-418-charging-bill-after-using-dealers-public-charger?utm_source=beehiiv&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=the-drive-newsletter&_bhlid=9de85d7182ed839de86efd147fb10f1688fd4d93
> [2] https://www.seattleeva.org/
> [3] https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/SEVA_list/CADH8qB8pQqYY9b8y5_7BkacpRtR1HrXWnYpZPzguL0f_RGp92w%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> [4] https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/SEVA_list/CO6PR17MB505975E08F58E3BB8B27BB59C1B52%40CO6PR17MB5059.namprd17.prod.outlook.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

Larry Ryan

unread,
Sep 4, 2026, 8:48:55 PMSep 4
to seva...@googlegroups.com
Corey,
Level II chargers are hard to find in a few areas. My EV is a conversion and will only charge from Level II or Level I.  Most Evs work well with Level III or DC fast charging. 

I live in Bothell and close to Woodinville. Within 3 miles of my house there are dozens of Level II chargers. None of them are useful to me because I can charge at home. However some routes I drive are Level II deserts. For example, between the Green Lake area and Bothell, from Bothell to Issaquah*, Bothell to Snohomish or Mill Creek. There are lots of Level II chargers in the Redmond downtown area that basically provide free parking of Tesla owners. *For 25 cents and a beer, I will disclose the location of a row of Level II charging stations in an industrial area close to Redmond. 6 of them! Always available on the weekends. ChargePoint. 

Thing is, there used to be Level II chargers on those routes. Now there are none. 

This is not really an issue for most Evs. I will rant no further. 

-Larry

From: seva...@googlegroups.com <seva...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of cb_rad...@riseup.net <cb_rad...@riseup.net>
Sent: Friday, September 4, 2026 11:17 AM
To: SEVA...@googlegroups.com <SEVA...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [SEVA]
 
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thedrive.com%2Fnews%2Fev-renter-hit-with-418-charging-bill-after-using-dealers-public-charger%3Futm_source%3Dbeehiiv%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dthe-drive-newsletter%26_bhlid%3D9de85d7182ed839de86efd147fb10f1688fd4d93&data=05%7C02%7C%7C89fdf11c7ce740976e1008df0ac66a26%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639241519428557012%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=rUfL1F3ltTDtymCThGrq%2BqN9c3wBkPutLRIirb%2FEVcs%3D&reserved=0
> [1] 
>
>  --
> Learn about EVs and EVents at: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.seattleeva.org%2F&data=05%7C02%7C%7C89fdf11c7ce740976e1008df0ac66a26%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639241519428596746%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=HbJsqbjy0cdCt7Jt%2FsWMP5kCZYtwxjhuOqmYHsd8Y0M%3D&reserved=0 [2]

> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "SEVA Email List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to SEVA_list+...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion visit
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2FSEVA_list%2FCADH8qB8pQqYY9b8y5_7BkacpRtR1HrXWnYpZPzguL0f_RGp92w%2540mail.gmail.com&data=05%7C02%7C%7C89fdf11c7ce740976e1008df0ac66a26%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639241519428631286%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=F%2FWjJnZERGQYBSJSS8sE1EOs4XI8BXcKRnDQ%2F22aVYM%3D&reserved=0
> [3].
>
>  --
> Learn about EVs and EVents at: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.seattleeva.org%2F&data=05%7C02%7C%7C89fdf11c7ce740976e1008df0ac66a26%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639241519428658196%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=IiETLavovkIJRYTEQse74l2eewFdH%2BjcuJF%2FvagaLoE%3D&reserved=0

> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "SEVA Email List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to SEVA_list+...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion visit
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2FSEVA_list%2FCO6PR17MB505975E08F58E3BB8B27BB59C1B52%2540CO6PR17MB5059.namprd17.prod.outlook.com&data=05%7C02%7C%7C89fdf11c7ce740976e1008df0ac66a26%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639241519428681282%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=dz0lyk42QYdhURO6BgHeL7BTNXsiK4NI9OxQIz9vNIc%3D&reserved=0
> [4].
>
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thedrive.com%2Fnews%2Fev-renter-hit-with-418-charging-bill-after-using-dealers-public-charger%3Futm_source%3Dbeehiiv%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dthe-drive-newsletter%26_bhlid%3D9de85d7182ed839de86efd147fb10f1688fd4d93&data=05%7C02%7C%7C89fdf11c7ce740976e1008df0ac66a26%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639241519428703571%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=hFoZXNpNSiKSaKwJICBsJZn2pQEdbo6TY88217TUG%2Fo%3D&reserved=0
> [2] https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.seattleeva.org%2F&data=05%7C02%7C%7C89fdf11c7ce740976e1008df0ac66a26%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639241519428735718%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=MYTrApeFmIG7HHcIE7sUlbURfU8QnYH%2B7PFV%2FWHPEmM%3D&reserved=0
> [3] https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2FSEVA_list%2FCADH8qB8pQqYY9b8y5_7BkacpRtR1HrXWnYpZPzguL0f_RGp92w%2540mail.gmail.com%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dfooter&data=05%7C02%7C%7C89fdf11c7ce740976e1008df0ac66a26%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639241519428770770%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=0f2K4NRAUUSbhzIhQbcAnwttKyMcxB6einMarOxmMw0%3D&reserved=0
> [4] https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2FSEVA_list%2FCO6PR17MB505975E08F58E3BB8B27BB59C1B52%2540CO6PR17MB5059.namprd17.prod.outlook.com%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dfooter&data=05%7C02%7C%7C89fdf11c7ce740976e1008df0ac66a26%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639241519428800302%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=jubM1vCCAufyd8mQGxgZjiUEAr6TBa5X8PqB2%2Fbs%2B5w%3D&reserved=0

--
Learn about EVs and EVents at: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.seattleeva.org%2F&data=05%7C02%7C%7C89fdf11c7ce740976e1008df0ac66a26%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639241519428824486%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=4Pm%2BF2YHWHACKJEv6au6KQKqGi40uyhV5w9dmSkIoAw%3D&reserved=0

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SEVA Email List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to SEVA_list+...@googlegroups.com.

Django Sussman

unread,
Sep 5, 2026, 12:08:41 AMSep 5
to SEVA...@googlegroups.com
Hi Larry - I know this does help you now but I live blocks from the greenwood auto show and I have a level 2 charger, anytime you are in the phinney area and want to use it, just let me know. My phone # is 206.498.9834. 

Sorry to hear that you had to be towed. 

My son and I are embarking on an ev conversion and I’d love to talk to you about your experience at some point. 

Thanks,

Django

On Sep 4, 2026, at 5:48 PM, Larry Ryan <llr...@msn.com> wrote:


Learn about EVs and EVents at: https://www.seattleeva.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SEVA Email List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to SEVA_list+...@googlegroups.com.

Larry Ryan

unread,
Sep 5, 2026, 4:55:21 PMSep 5
to seva...@googlegroups.com
Django, thank you for your kind offer. I'll keep it in mind for the next Greenwood Car Show. 
-Larry

From: seva...@googlegroups.com <seva...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Django Sussman <dsu...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, September 4, 2026 5:59 PM
To: SEVA...@googlegroups.com <SEVA...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [SEVA]
 
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages