OMG URGENT NEED HELp - UNINSTALL SESSION BUDDY BY ACCIDENT!!

John Chong

Jun 21, 2017, 2:26:44 PM6/21/17
to Session Buddy Discussion

OMG i'm going crazy right now... downloaded readium app to try it out, and i meant to uninstall that app, i went to extensions deleted and i thought i had deleted that app but i was pressing everything so fast, then i REALIZED THAT I DELETED THE SESSION BUDDY EXTENSION INSTEAD...i'm so stupid!   and when i reinstall session buddy, all of my SAVES sessions and everything i had saved the last 4 years are all gone.....
I'm going so crazy right now, please help me!!! how can i recover the previous saved sessions from the session buddy i uninstalled by accident??  i had never backed up the sessions buddy app because it never occured to me that this would happen, i was always careful of uninstall session buddy, but i don't know what happened today and my mind slipped!!

When you uninstall the session buddy app, the extension folder and the database folder are automatically deleted right?  meaning could i use something like recuva to try to find the old folder?...I did even restart my chrome or computer yet after this ordeal, because i was scared restarting chrome might deleted some data i needed for recovery....so please help me!

Session Buddy Support

Jun 21, 2017, 3:17:21 PM6/21/17
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
A recovery tool MAY be able to recover the user data folder (see this document for locating it). The sooner you try that the better.

Windows 7 also has a restore option I can walk you through if applicable.

Hans

Session Buddy Support

Jun 21, 2017, 3:20:08 PM6/21/17
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
If you ARE able to recover the folder, use the "Advanced Restore" section of the following instructions to port it to a new SB installation:

How to Back Up and Restore Session Buddy Data (Advanced)

Hans

John Chong

Jun 21, 2017, 3:31:53 PM6/21/17
to Session Buddy Discussion
You are referring to the Shadow Copy feature right? Unfortunately, i'm not on windows 7, i'm on windows xp home edition, it doesn't have VSS and "restore previous version" feature...I'm running recuva right now...hopefully...Also my friend, uninstalled the session buddy, thee was no edacconmaakjimmfgnblocblbcdcpbko_0 folder in database, now when i reinstalled session buddy (same verison 3.4.7)  , i noticed that there is a edacconmaakjimmfgnblocblbcdcpbko_0 folder now and there is a "59" file there.   What does the number "59" mean?  does it mean that the file that was deleted when i uninstall session is probably "58"?

Session Buddy Support

Jun 21, 2017, 4:25:40 PM6/21/17
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
Not necessarily 58, but definitely less than 59. It depends on other extensions you may have installed since originally installing SB.

Hans

John Chong

John Chong

Jun 23, 2017, 2:42:51 AM6/23/17
to Session Buddy Discussion
Any help on an possible way to retrieve my session? You guys should make it so if someone uninstalled session buddy, a message pops up saying that all session would be erased upon uninstallation. This serves 2 purposes:
1) the message would alert people who made a mistake like me uninstalling the wrote extension to know that we are actually uninstalling session buddy.
2) I really didn't know uninstalled session buddy would delete the saved sessions, I though some files would remain in the chrome folder automatically, I was wrong, so this would help other people in the future.