Session Buddy didn't improve but got worse! Suggestions

Reawakening the Past

Jun 30, 2024, 9:06:49 AM (3 days ago) Jun 30
to Session Buddy Discussion
Hi. I have been using Session Buddy for a long time
The old session buddy was a lot better.
When you save a set of tabs, you want to name it. No-one names their sessions "untitled" which is the default. Just allow people to name them when they save them, it was better

It is important for people to have ways to export sessions and import to a new windows setup or another installation
Maybe having a file with sessions history which can be downloaded and stored, or sent to email would be a really good idea. I cant find such an export/import option any more.
Like this users can make their own long term library
Or allow user accounts where any computer logged in can make sessions would be maybe costly to implement, but really useful if there were a way

Just some thoughts
Thanks for your really useful app

Session Buddy Support

Jun 30, 2024, 10:31:00 AM (3 days ago) Jun 30
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
There's plenty of room for improvement, no doubt, but none of your suggestions are representative of v3 features missing in v4 so your emphatic claim of "worse" is confusing to say the least.

> No-one names their sessions "untitled" which is the default

This was also the default in SB v3

> Just allow people to name them when they save them, it was better

Turn on "Ask for name when saving collections" in Settings. This prompts just like v3 did. Additionally, v4 introduces auto-naming of collections.

> export sessions and import to a new windows setup or another installation
> Maybe having a file with sessions history which can be downloaded and stored

All possible in v4. Import and Export are in the gear menu, exactly where they were in SB v3. v4 also introduces Restore for new installations.

Hans