Suddenly Session Buddy was deactivated, and later all saved sessions are gone!

Markus Besch

Aug 1, 2017, 4:01:08 PM8/1/17
to Session Buddy Discussion
when i want to save a session today session buddy was not there anymore. looked in settings, was deactivated or needs a reload it says. done this, after it it was there, but all saved sessions are gone. A drama to me to be honest. Made a lot of session-saves.
Any chance to get these back?

Session Buddy Support

Aug 1, 2017, 4:07:33 PM8/1/17
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately Chrome will occasionally reset extensions without warning. The only way to guard against this currently is to do backups (either system backups or backups via Session Buddy). I understand this is less than ideal. We're working on automating backups to the cloud.

If you're using Windows 7, you may be able to recover your data. Let me know.

Hans

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Markus Besch <mbe...@it-advantage.de> wrote:
when i want to save a session today session buddy was not there anymore. looked in settings, was deactivated or needs a reload it says. done this, after it it was there, but all saved sessions are gone. A drama to me to be honest. Made a lot of session-saves.
Any chance to get these back?

TheKid

Aug 4, 2017, 12:56:17 PM8/4/17
to Session Buddy Discussion
If you are really keen on getting your saves back use a recovery software to find the files mentioned in this link - https://sessionbuddy.com/data-location/ (current session data) , not sure if it will work

Markus Besch

Aug 5, 2017, 8:28:01 AM8/5/17
to Session Buddy Discussion
Hi, tried, find the folder, not really the files described. A subfolder that sounds close, but no idea what i can do there

Markus Besch

Aug 5, 2017, 8:30:35 AM8/5/17
to Session Buddy Discussion
Hi Hans,
thanks for your answer.
Wow, yes, that's not so good. How long is the backup-version working? is it allways backing up in the downloads-folder? (Mac)
Markus

Session Buddy Support

Aug 24, 2017, 7:25:38 PM8/24/17
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
How long is the backup-version working? is it allways backing up in the downloads-folder?

Not sure what you're asking. Here's more information on Session Buddy's backup feature:

Backing up Session Buddy Data:

Hans