Lost all my collections again, second time in two months

Bayesian King

Jun 14, 2024, 7:44:16 PM (6 days ago) Jun 14
to Session Buddy Discussion
I've saved a collection even today, tonight I've opened SB to save another one and all my collections on the left were gone. Last time it was because of the migration to version 4 that lead me to lose 2 months of collection. This time I have no idea about the cause since I've not done anything particular today. Should I expect to keep loosing collections regularly in the future?

Jeff -family of- Stapleton

Jun 15, 2024, 9:00:02 AM (5 days ago) Jun 15
to Session Buddy Discussion
I've used Session Buddy since 2015 and never lost any saved session (now called "collection") until in the last week or so.  Migrating the v3 database file to v4, the migration tool said on 03-13-2024 when upgrading to v4.0.0, I apparently had 164 collections and 500 history events.   Going back to that day, I only lost 3 months, but I've lost a lot of important research references in those 3 months.  At some point the number of history events that could be saved changed.  I could have sworn that v4.0.2 and maybe v4.0.3 had a maximum number of history events option of 500, but when I lost all of my collections in the last week or so (and noticed it later), I saw that Session Buddy settings had definitely changed from what I had them set to and I saw the history events setting then had an option of 1,000 and 2,000.  But, I'm sure that wasn't there before.  Maybe it changed with v4.0.2 or v4.0.3 and I didn't catch it.

All I know is I had no Windows crashes, no browser crashes, or other issues that I am aware of but somehow I just lost all of my collections out of nowhere.  This is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.  When you start putting user data at risk and it isn't user-error related, then you better have an explanation.  I know Session Buddy is free, but do NOT produce a product like this and not have some redundancy and internal backups OR certainly make the VERY CLEAR risks known to the user if there are aspects that are out of your control as a developer that could cause this sort of thing.

This is all very concerning and you saying it has now happened twice in two months is not encouraging.