All of my collections are just gone? II

alter67

Jun 14, 2024, 7:44:31 PM (6 days ago) Jun 14
to Session Buddy Discussion
I've been using your extension for a long time.
Until yesterday I received only positive emotions from using it.
But.. there was an update 4.0.3-4.0.4
Once again I was about to save the current session, and discovered that all previous collections were missing.
There's just a small piece of history..

There are no backups.
Are the collections completely lost?
Besides those that can be exported from version 3?
Maybe it’s worth thinking about a mechanism for preserving the current database when updating the extension?

I don’t see any other reasons for data loss other than updating.
And this is very sad.

Jeff -family of- Stapleton

Jun 15, 2024, 9:00:06 AM (5 days ago) Jun 15
to Session Buddy Discussion
Face palm.  I guess it isn't just me.  Bayesian King posted the same thing too and I guess he has now had this happen twice in two months.

What I am absolutely livid and blown away about it is that there apparently isn't any redundancy or internal backups keeping a working copy and a backup (or two) of the user data that is constantly making sure that this sort of thing doesn't happen without explicit clear user intent.

Session Buddy Support

Jun 15, 2024, 9:37:11 AM (5 days ago) Jun 15
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
Can you send us diagnostics to help us troubleshoot this?

Go to Settings > Other and click "Save diagnostics". This creates a diagnostics file in the downloads folder. Attach this file to an email to sup...@sessionbuddy.com.

Thanks,
Hans

alter67

12:21 PM (1 hour ago) 12:21 PM
to Session Buddy Discussion
sent

суббота, 15 июня 2024 г. в 16:37:11 UTC+3, Session Buddy Support: