Physical location of sessions?

Martin Ninov

Aug 31, 2012, 11:08:55 PM8/31/12
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
I reinstalled and I need all my sessions back.
DESPERATELY.
I have backed up everything, so where would the files storing the session info be located?

Hans Meyer

Sep 1, 2012, 9:37:04 AM9/1/12
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
Location of Google Chrome user data files:

Windows Vista, Windows 7 (Chrome Dev, Beta, Prod Channels):
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\databases\chrome-extension_edacconmaakjimmfgnblocblbcdcpbko_0

Windows Vista, Windows 7 (Chrome Canary Build):
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome SxS\User Data\Default\databases\chrome-extension_edacconmaakjimmfgnblocblbcdcpbko_0

OSX:
/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/databases/chrome-extension_edacconmaakjimmfgnblocblbcdcpbko_0

Ubuntu:
/home/<username>/.config/google-chrome/Default/databases/chrome-extension_edacconmaakjimmfgnblocblbcdcpbko_0

Martin Ninov

Sep 1, 2012, 10:50:21 AM9/1/12
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks for that!

Pretesh

Sep 2, 2012, 7:04:13 AM9/2/12
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
I don't have/can't seem to find any of these folders....any ideas on where they could be?

Hans Meyer

Sep 2, 2012, 7:19:06 AM9/2/12
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
@Pretesh: Which OS are you using?

Pretesh

Sep 2, 2012, 7:30:05 AM9/2/12
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
Ahhh silly me, I found it...sorry!

quick question:

I'm having problems with my chrome and I'm looking to reinstall it.

Once re-installed do I just simply paste the folder back to it original location and everything will return as normal?

Thank you :-)

Keep up the great work!

john s wolter

Sep 2, 2012, 12:24:51 PM9/2/12
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
I've seen this question a number of times.  Does Google Groups have Sticky Posts.  I've seen these as I recall at SourceForge.  They stay at the top of the postings and could be used for a couple of dozen questions.  The other approach is to expand FAQs to a much larger size.  Finally, a third way could be some simple auxiliary web page.  This could be something off the Chrome Extensions page.  I'm sure there are additional alternatives.
--
Cheers
John S Wolter

- Desk: 734-408-1263
- USA, Eastern Standard Time, -5 GMT, -4 GMT DST

Hans Meyer

Sep 2, 2012, 12:47:39 PM9/2/12
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
@Pretesh: after you make a backup of the data folder and re-install Chrome and SB, do the following in order to restore SB data:

1) Shut down Chrome
2) Take note of the filename of the database file in the SB data folder (it should be an integer, eg "2")
3) Rename the database file in the SB data folder to something like "2_backup"
4) Copy the database file from the backup data folder to the SB data folder
5) Rename the copied database file to the noted filename
6) Restart Chrome

Cheers,
Hans

Hans Meyer