v4.0.4 RELEASE

Session Buddy Support

Jun 12, 2024, 5:40:34 PM (8 days ago) Jun 12
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
v4.0.4 is awaiting approval by the Chrome Web Store team.

Check out what's new: https://sessionbuddy.com/release-4-0-4/

Hans

David Conger

Jun 13, 2024, 11:24:08 AM (7 days ago) Jun 13
to Session Buddy Discussion
Hi Hans, I just checked out the link you provided for the new version. I see many great features have been added. However, under the features section, I did not see "drag & drop" or  "support for Chrome Tabs Groups". Those are both major critical functions that really should be included, it's hard to believe they are not. Those are the two crucial features that keep me from using the app.

Session Buddy Support

Jun 13, 2024, 11:51:21 AM (7 days ago) Jun 13
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
Please refer to our recent correspondence David. There's a lot of great feature work to get to but v3 regressions and bug fixes take priority.

Hans

Daniel Zigler

Jun 14, 2024, 10:45:15 AM (6 days ago) Jun 14
to Session Buddy Discussion
Hey There Hans,
Just got the update and wondered about the new icons & coloring.
For a Collection, This Browser and Snapshot now there is back coloring different than the current theme's color scheme,
and the icons for open, open in one window / window and open in this window / this browser has changed.

just wondered why, i liked the design we had in 4.0.3

David Conger

Jun 15, 2024, 9:00:14 AM (5 days ago) Jun 15
to Session Buddy Discussion
Hi Hans, How do I add a sub-folder to a saved collection folder?  When Hovering over saved collections, I do not see the tab count, date created. I do not see a "create collection" option in the 3-dot menu on the right side.
The "current browser " session just shows hundreds of tabs spread out in a bunch of windows named "windows" How do I name a window to know what is is about? How can I add a tab/tabs from the current session to a new sub-folder in a saved collection?

Session Buddy Support

Jun 15, 2024, 9:10:33 AM (5 days ago) Jun 15
to Session Buddy Discussion
> How can I add a tab/tabs from the current session to a new sub-folder in a saved collection?

1) Select the desired tabs
2) Right-click selection and click Copy (or hit ctrl+c / cmd+c)
3) Select desired destination collection
4) Open content menu (three dots, upper-right) and select Paste (or hit ctrl+v / cmd+v)

To paste into a specific location instead of a new folder, right-click a window or tab and click Paste. All tabs in the clipboard will be pasted after the selected tab.

Hans

JP

Jun 18, 2024, 6:20:04 AM (2 days ago) Jun 18
to Session Buddy Discussion
I use that approach profusely.
The only thing missing is this: You can add a new folder, with the selected links, at the end of the collection (so, following all the existing folders), but you can't add one at the beginning or in the middle.

David Conger

Jun 18, 2024, 6:20:21 AM (2 days ago) Jun 18
to Session Buddy Discussion
Hi, I can not seem to find a way to paste to a new folder because there is no way to add a new folder to a collection that i can see. How do you add sub-items/folders to a main collection. Why can I not just right click on  a collection and have a " add folder" option show up? Than I can add the tabs/tab groups (hopefully) I want to it. (or drop and drag them there if that function ever shows up)........
addfolder.PNG
noaddfoldermenu.PNG
adddfolderhow.PNG

David Conger

Jun 18, 2024, 6:20:27 AM (2 days ago) Jun 18
to Session Buddy Discussion
Hi Hans, How do I add a sub-folder to a saved collection folder?  When Hovering over saved collections, I do not see the tab count, date created. I do not see a "create folder" option in the 3-dot menu on the right side, or any menu for that matter. The "current browser " session just shows hundreds of tabs spread out in a bunch of windows named "windows" How do I name a window to know what is is about? How can I add a tab/tabs from the current session to a new sub-folder (if possible to create one) in a saved collection?

David Conger

Jun 18, 2024, 6:20:33 AM (2 days ago) Jun 18
to Session Buddy Discussion
Hi Hans, I was wanting to "cut" some tabs in the  current session to move to a saved collection. I do not see that "cut" option in any menu. If i use the "paste"
command the tabs are still left in the current session window.

cuttabs.PNG

Session Buddy Support

Jun 18, 2024, 6:30:11 AM (2 days ago) Jun 18
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
Good point. This will require drag and drop, which will be added soon.

Hans

Session Buddy Support

Jun 18, 2024, 6:30:59 AM (2 days ago) Jun 18
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
Empty folders aren't supported currently.

Hans

Session Buddy Support

Jun 18, 2024, 6:32:51 AM (2 days ago) Jun 18
to sessionbud...@googlegroups.com
A "cut" feature is in the backlog. Stay tuned.

Hans

David Conger

12:20 PM (9 minutes ago) 12:20 PM
to Session Buddy Discussion
So there is no way to add a folder to a saved collection and then add tabs to it from the current session?  The folder would only be "empty" until items were added to it. "Empty folders aren't supported currently.", makes no sense................

David Conger

12:20 PM (9 minutes ago) 12:20 PM
to Session Buddy Discussion
Hi Hans, Where is the "suspend tabs" option located? I do not see it in any menus or settings................