Next steps on mass proxy revocation

Alex Vincent

Jan 19, 2022, 2:19:06 PM1/19/22
to SES Strategy
Hi, everyone.  This is a follow-up on today's SES meeting.  My general take-away from that meeting is there's great interest in making and discussing a proposal formally for TC39, and we need a GitHub repository to move forward, including writing down the questions we ourselves raised.  Which means we're going to need a champion and/or an initial author.

I can draft something up initially while on the train this weekend, but I think I'd prefer Bradley do the initial draft instead of me, simply because he may understand the issues at hand better than I do at this point.  I think the best contributions I can make are the diagram and use case, and the questions that I raised in my document as issues to file for discussion and resolution.

For now, I'd suggest a temporary repository name of proposal-mass-proxy-revocation.

Caridy, I want to particularly thank you for your pushback.  As I said in my presentation, I do believe we have one chance to get the shape of the API for mass revocation correct.  If this proposal goes into the language, in whatever form, there won't be an easy way to retroactively fix mistakes.  So I don't want to rush this.  I welcome the debate, which is another reason to start the repository and the written arguments soon.

Thanks again, everyone!

Alex Vincent
Hayward, CA, U.S.A.

--
"The first step in confirming there is a bug in someone else's work is confirming there are no bugs in your own."
-- Alexander J. Vincent, June 30, 2001