How to use autopilot GKE

Sarath Sadasivan Pillai

Mar 7, 2023, 4:31:42 PM3/7/23
to Service Weaver
I liked the approach for the modular monolith, I have migrated my code base to use weaver mostly but I was wondering how to deploy this in GKE autoscale. When i deployed it created a standard GKE  but I want to be able to specify that i need autopilot

Srdjan Petrovic

Mar 7, 2023, 4:40:40 PM3/7/23
to Service Weaver
Thanks for giving Service Weaver a try!

Our GKE implementation was actually originally based on Autopilot clusters. However, Autopilot doesn't yet support CloudDNS, which we use for service discovery. It also costs more than standard clusters.

For these reasons, we decided to us standard clusters that utilize NodePool auto-scaling. We felt that this gives us similar properties to an Autopilot cluster, but with reduced costs.

Is there a feature of Autopilot that we missed? We'd love to hear your experience.

Btw., were you able to get the app running on GKE? We heard that some folks are having issues and are working on resolving them.

Thanks,
-Srdjan