Adding Weave AWS Lambda support

208 wyświetleń

Daniel Marchena

nieprzeczytany,
5 mar 2023, 17:35:225.03.2023
do Service Weaver
Hi team,

I am interested in working on a "weaver-aws-lambda" initiative. This would add AWS Lambda as one of the backends for Weaver.

Is there anyone already working on this? Are there any initiatives to integrate Weaver with AWS Lambda or GCP CodeRun?

Best regards,

Daniel

Daniel Marchena

nieprzeczytany,
5 mar 2023, 19:00:085.03.2023
do Service Weaver
Sorry, by GCP CodeRun I mean Cloud Functions.

Srdjan Petrovic

nieprzeczytany,
6 mar 2023, 17:16:006.03.2023
do Service Weaver
Hi Daniel,

Either one of those would be great. AFAICT, nobody has attempted this as of yet.

Please feel free to play around with this as your contrib project. Note that we're planning to release a blog post on writing a new deployer by the end of this week. This will hopefully make your job easier.

Thanks,
-Srdjan

Srdjan Petrovic

nieprzeczytany,
7 mar 2023, 16:43:297.03.2023
do Service Weaver
Hi Daniel,

We had a discussion and we'd be happy for you to give this a try. Note that we're doing last minute updates to our deployer APIs, so the blog post may be delayed to next week.

Thanks,
-Srdjan

Arjun Malhotra

nieprzeczytany,
9 mar 2023, 15:54:229.03.2023
do Service Weaver
Hi Srdjan and Daniel,
I am a Golang backend engineer. If there's anyway I could contribute on this that would just be wonderful. One of my 2023 goals is to contribute to an OSS in a significant way.
Would love to be a part of this community.
As for next steps Daniel if you would be working on this then please let me know and I will get in touch with you.
Thanks,
-Arjun.

rgrandl

nieprzeczytany,
10 mar 2023, 11:55:5010.03.2023
do Service Weaver
Hi Arjun,

We encourage people to fork and implement their own custom deployers and other things for now. We are cleaning some APIs and will publish a blog post on how to write a deployer very soon, so that should give you more guidance on this.

However, we are not a point to take major community contributions (like a deployer) yet.

Thanks,
- Robert

mwhittaker

nieprzeczytany,