symbolsource.org doesn't have servicestack symbols

Slav Ivanyuk

Jul 25, 2014, 6:56:00 PM7/25/14
to servic...@googlegroups.com
When trying to download symbols from symbolsource.org to debug Servicestack:

ServiceStack.Api.Swagger.pdb
ServiceStack.Client.pdb
ServiceStack.Common.pdb
ServiceStack.FluentValidation.Mvc3.pdb
ServiceStack.Interfaces.pdb
ServiceStack.Logging.NLog.pdb
ServiceStack.Mvc.pdb
ServiceStack.OrmLite.pdb
ServiceStack.OrmLite.SqlServer.pdb
ServiceStack.Redis.pdb
ServiceStack.ServiceInterface.pdb
ServiceStack.Text.pdb

As you can see there's no ServiceStack.pdb, which makes me think that it doesn't exist on Symbolsource.org.

But any attempt to try and install symbols failed.

After 2 hours of trying to force symbols download by hand, through powershell, etc. I had to resort to manually clone repo, compile and just copy pdb over to debug the issue I had.

Can you please look into it, and perhaps add/update instructions on how to debug servicestack?

Cory Taylor

Jan 9, 2015, 9:21:41 PM1/9/15
to servic...@googlegroups.com
Had the same issue, symbols don't load and had to compile manually and ref the new dlls/pdbs.
Just posting to bump the thread, maybe someone on SS can confirm is it's an issue?