Serval Mesh with Bitcoin/Iota Integration

Martin Luyo

Nov 18, 2017, 6:30:32 PM11/18/17
to Serval Project Developers
Hey everyone.

I've been obsessed about the possibility not just to implement Serval Mesh in a small community where I live but also the possibility of allowing nodes in the network (mainly Android but some Raspberry Pi if routers are included) to charge for internet access if they act as gateways.

It would have been great to consider Bitcoin/Blockchain (or even Etherium) but I would be concerned about transaction time and fees. I'm thinking maybe Tangle (used by IOTA)may be more suitable especially because of the ability to make micropayments.

I've seen a similar idea called Biternet here: ftp://ftp.tik.ee.ethz.ch/pub/students/2015-HS/SA-2015-34.pdf
except I would use Serval for the P2P connection.

Has anyone tried this? Would anyone be willing to? I'm not an engineer but I would love to be involved or in the least advised on the best way to go forward.

P.S. the Serval Chat interface would also need a lot of work to make it user friendly for a non techie user base. 😊

Thanks a lot.