VoMP on Asterisk 13+

ics.city...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2017, 1:58:21 PM12/6/17
to Serval Project Developers
Hello,

Has anyone tried using VoMP on Asterisk versions 13 and later?  Are the instructions on GitHub still valid?

I'm looking at what it would take to add VoMP to Incredible PBX on a Rasberry Pi.

Thanks,
Cyrus

Paul Gardner-Stephen

Dec 6, 2017, 6:12:35 PM12/6/17
to Serval Project Developers
Hello,

Noone has touched the Asterisk support for Serval and VoMP in years, as far as I am aware. I would start with the github instructions, ideally on an old version of Asterisk, get it working there, and then look at updating it to the latest version of Asterisk from that vantage point.

What is the use-case you are looking to satisfy?

Paul.

ics.city...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2017, 2:12:31 PM12/7/17
to Serval Project Developers
I'll give it a shot.

The use case is basically having an asterisk endpoint at a location, and having the Serval app on a phone be able to hook up to make phone calls onto the regular network or trunked to another location possibly with other Serval phones.

Cheers,
Cyrus