Source for 1A2 key set buzzers

erco

Feb 27, 2024, 5:17:04 PMFeb 27
to seriss-1a2-ksu
If you have 1A2 phone sets that are missing the little 8-10VAC buzzers,
you can order them from AllenTel: https://www.allentel.com/product/miniature-electrical-buzzer/
..and can purchase through Graybar. As of today's date (Feb 2024) they're $2.04 each.

buzzer.jpg
These buzzers are easy to install into 1A2 phone sets that don't have them; it just hooks around the dial's left-hand inside the phone, e.g.

    564-closeup.jpg

..and the buzzer's two forked spade connectors would be attached to spare pair of terminal screws on the phone's internal terminal board, and these would be wired to the Y-O pair on the amphenol station cable, for proper buzzing from the Seriss KSU.

For example, for a 2564 or 2565 phone set:

buzzer-wiring-2565.jpg

If you have an existing buzzer wired to the Y-G pair, then for proper operation with the Seriss KSU, remove the Y-G pair from the screws, spare them off, and wire the Y-O pair to the buzzer screws instead.

Aaron David Baker

May 7, 2024, 10:49:09 PMMay 7
to seriss-1a2-ksu
These are now sold out; any other sources for this kind of buzzer?

erco

May 7, 2024, 11:07:37 PMMay 7
to seriss-1a2-ksu
On Tuesday, May 7, 2024 at 7:49:09 PM UTC-7 helv[..]@gmail.com wrote:
These are now sold out; any other sources for this kind of buzzer?

Hmm, it does seem hard to find them right now; there used to be plenty on ebay, they were selling a bags of 10 for 10 bucks each.
But that source finally sold their last ones a year or so ago. Surprised GrayBar is now out; you might want to contact them directly to see if they plan to restock, or have stock at one of their other locations.

I usually would use google search terms like "6-10vac buzzer", the Western Electric part number "KS-20419L1" (from the BSP's ), and the Northern Telecom equivalent part# "QBX1A" from the NT LOGIC 10 schematics. Sometimes the voltages are listed as 10VAC or even 18VAC (they supported a pretty large voltage range).

That all said, I'm surprised I'm not seeing any matches at the moment as far as google searches are concerned. I'd suggest keeping an eye on ebay every week or so using the above search terms, plus any others you can think of, e.g. "1a2 buzzer", "western electric buzzer", etc.

You could probably ask around on some of the 1A2 related groups/forums, as there's some people who have amassed large parts inventories and often sell their excess. These folks often show up at the regional phone shows you can watch for here: https://www.telephonecollectors.org/shows/index.htm and there's a facebook group called "1A1 / 1A2 Key systems and phones" which has many folks who both sell and are looking for parts. sundancecommunications.com I think has a specific group for folks asking about parts, but I usually keep an eye on their 1A2 specific forum.