Best Way to Record/Playback?

Michael DeMond

Feb 16, 2016, 2:30:16 PM2/16/16
to Serilog
Hello Group/Community,

Also, in my efforts to port my logging infrastructure to Serilog, I was curious on what guidance/best practices there are to create a recording/playback mechanism for the ILogger.  Essentially, I would like to record every message/action sent to the logger, and then play them back at a later time to another logging mechanism when the application loads at a later state.

To be sure, I am using xUnit2.0, and it uses another logging interface (ITestOutputHelper).  I have a bunch of "AutoData" code (that is executed before the Test class is created) that does a bunch of logging.  The idea here is to record all of that in a logger, and then "replay" or "playback" when the ITestOutputHelper is passed into the test class.

Hope that makes sense.  Please let me know if you have any questions around this.

Thank you,
Michael

Michael DeMond

Feb 16, 2016, 5:00:22 PM2/16/16