Limit destructured collection size?

Pete Burgess

Mar 16, 2016, 6:40:57 AM3/16/16
to Serilog
We can limit the depth of destructuring, is there a way to limit the size of collections being destructured?

We recently had a complex object which was destructured to depth 10 and also had 1000s of items in collections are various levels, so the logged event was HUGE.

We shouldn't be destructuring that object but still, it would be nice to limit the collection size by configuration.

nblum...@nblumhardt.com

Mar 16, 2016, 6:47:33 PM3/16/16
to Serilog
Thanks for the heads-up Pete.

No one working on it currently that I'm aware of, probably won't get looked at until after v2, but up-for-grabs if there's anyone keen to take a shot.

Cheers!