Using serf as a library

Shreyas Srivatsan

Apr 5, 2019, 7:28:43 PM4/5/19
to Serf
We have a service for which we need sharding and membership support and serf seems like a really good candidate for that. All the examples only talk about running a serf agent on the host. Unfortunately that will not work in our setup and we need to use serf as a library in a Go service. Are there any examples out there where serf is embedded as a library? The agent currently seems like a thin layer around the actual serf library https://github.com/hashicorp/serf/tree/master/serf, so is my best bet to build out the agent logic into a library and use that?

Ranjib Dey

Apr 5, 2019, 9:59:15 PM4/5/19
to ser...@googlegroups.com
Consul, vault , nomad all uses serf as library , take a look at those code base for examples.

Or put another way , what’s stopping your from using it as a library :)

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 7:28 PM Shreyas Srivatsan <shr...@gmail.com> wrote:
We have a service for which we need sharding and membership support and serf seems like a really good candidate for that. All the examples only talk about running a serf agent on the host. Unfortunately that will not work in our setup and we need to use serf as a library in a Go service. Are there any examples out there where serf is embedded as a library? The agent currently seems like a thin layer around the actual serf library https://github.com/hashicorp/serf/tree/master/serf, so is my best bet to build out the agent logic into a library and use that?

GitHub Issues: https://github.com/hashicorp/serf/issues
IRC: #serfdom on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Serf" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/serfdom/4c332c62-40ed-4d30-9600-410bf0f140ae%40googlegroups.com.