Is there some Architecture/Framework documents or analysis materials for the source code of Serf?

Heng Chang

Jul 28, 2017, 5:46:09 AM7/28/17
to Serf
I want to go through the Serf code for Research of  the Gossip protocol,  I wonder whether there is any this kind of documents or links for me to refer?
If so, that's will be a great help for me.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Armon Dadgar

Jul 28, 2017, 3:03:20 PM7/28/17
to ser...@googlegroups.com, Heng Chang
Hey Heng,

There isn’t a document, but the majority of SWIM/Lifeguard is implemented in the Memberlist library (https://github.com/hashicorp/memberlist).
The “serf” package builds on top of that library to add events, queries, lamport clocks, partition handling, etc. https://github.com/hashicorp/serf/tree/master/serf

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,
Armon Dadgar

GitHub Issues: https://github.com/hashicorp/serf/issues
IRC: #serfdom on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Serf" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/serfdom/261b8c3f-7251-46c8-8193-23039efb0ee9%40googlegroups.com.

Heng Chang

Aug 3, 2017, 11:04:15 PM8/3/17
to Serf, scutp...@gmail.com
Thanks Armon, I am looking through the codes.

在 2017年7月29日星期六 UTC+8上午3:03:20,Armon Dadgar写道: