How the Vivaldi-based round trip time algorithm is used in Serf?

Heng Chang

Aug 17, 2017, 10:53:41 PM8/17/17
to Serf

Hi, it seems we only have the Vivaldi-based network coordinates in Serf source code, but we actually do not use it to calculate the round trip time(rtt) and use the rtt in Serf.

Am I right?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Armon Dadgar

Aug 18, 2017, 2:24:11 PM8/18/17
to ser...@googlegroups.com, Heng Chang
Heng,

The Vivaldi code is used to calculate the coordinates and RTT time by default. You can explicitly disable it via configuration, but its on by default.

Best Regards,
Armon Dadgar

GitHub Issues: https://github.com/hashicorp/serf/issues
IRC: #serfdom on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Serf" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/serfdom/9f0b1272-8b65-45b4-9b1f-dbba99d4c82a%40googlegroups.com.