I have written a new Python front-end for Serf. Highlights:
* async; supports asyncio and Trio
* properly multiplexed; issue multiple commands in parallel
* listen for, and respond to, queries / user events
* transparently encodes/decodes your payloads, if desired
* should support 100% of Serf's RPC command set
* includes adequate tests and example code
Documentation: somewhat sparse, I'm writing it now along with more examples, will be on RTD.
I plan to use this module to implement a decentralized master-less eventually-mostly-consistent key-value store.